A great dish to serve at the negotiation table. Serves 4
- Combine brown rice, water, and a pinch of salt in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover and lower heat to low and simmer for 45 min.
- Take it off the heat and pour in the maple syrup/brown rice syrup and coconut milk and fluff the rice. Cover and let sit for about 20 minutes. Serve with mangoes and a sprinkling of sesame seeds (if you so desire).ecipe for the Sesame Ginger Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1/2 cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons (or 2 teaspoons) minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons Soy Sauce
- 4 teaspoons Olive Oil / Canola Oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon Cilantro
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced Green Onions
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon Mustard
- 2 tablespoons Sugar (or 1/4 cup maple syrup/brown rice syrup)
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper
Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk until smooth. Stir in green onions and the remaining ingredients. Chill vinaigrette in an airtight container for 2 hours.
Whisk 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, 1 teaspoon ginger, lime juice, and soy sauce in another bowl. Add rice, mango, and onions; toss well. Cover rice salad; let stand at room temperature.