Coy is a prolific writer and historian. However, his new book The Dhance: A Caregiver’s Search for Meaning is different than his previous writings. To this new book he brings the same research discipline, same clarity of thought, and assessable writing style, but gone is the detached observer point of view that historians normally bring to their work. Coy’s new book chronicles his life long search for meaning amidst an avalanche of tragedies, any one of which has broken lesser men. He found the meaning he was searching for. And from that journey, Coy has written a beautiful ode to his wife and a spiritual guide for those facing life’s crises within the pages of, The Dhance. Listen to author Coy Cross on “Freedom for All Radio Show with Jim and Jennifer“; “Spiritual Coaching Radio Show on Unity.fm” with Reverand Carla; or visit his website.
Coy has also edited a book of lessons from Unity Reverend, Carol Ruth Knox. Coy brings his expertise as a historian and long-time friend of Carol Ruth Knox to make this a truly remarkable book. It’s called The Path of God.
Thank you for your interest in author Coy F. Cross II and his two books, The Dhance: A Caregiver’s Search for Meaning and The Path of God! Please feel free to use any of the following resources to review the books and contact Coy at https:theDhance.com if you have any questions or would like to schedule an interview.
Short Bio: Dr. Coy F. Cross II is a retired historian but his greatest contribution may be as a caregiver to his wife Carol as she struggled with ovarian cancer. Coy wrote a book – not in typical historian manner as a detached observer, but from the “trenches of the disease” as he struggled to put his spiritual practices to use in his life. Now he speaks to other people about his journey of discovery, how he uses ‘practical spirituality’ to deepen his relationship with the Divine, and how to transform difficult challenges such as grief into incredible gifts that may not be found anywhere else. Coy often says, “You may not like what is happening in your life, but accepting it is the first step towards tapping into your divine source where your best solutions reside.”
LOW / HIGH RES IMAGES (Book and Author images suitable for Print Media and the Web in Black & White or Color)
- Coy For Print: Color MS, Close up color
- Coy For Internet: Close up color, Close up B&W, Two-button Shot Color, Two-button Shot B&W, Medium shot B&W,
- Book Cover For Internet: B&W, Color, Color tilted, B&W titled
PRESS RELEASES (In chronological order)
TELEVISION, RADIO & MEDIA APPEARANCES
- Internet Appearances
- 2013 March 4 8:00 am – Coy was interviewed on “Good Day Sacramento” (Channel 31) on March 4, 2013. We expect the interview to air soon after 8:00 am pct. If you are out of the area, you will be able to find the show on the internet. Good Day Sacramento CW 31 – Morning TV program – Interview with Dr. Coy F. Cross II – Cancer from the Caregiver’s Perspective – Interview Screenshots 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
2013 Feburary 20, 2 pm pct – Enlighten Up Radio (That’s What He Said) with John Fortuna.
2013 January 28, 10 AM PT – Open to Hope Radio Show with Dr. Gloria Horsley – Interview with Coy Cross II Ph.D.
2013 January 25
2013 January 15, 8:45 AM – 11:45 AM PT– Spiritual Life Center in Sacramento Presentation by Coy Cross II, Ph.D.
- 2012 December 17, 10 AM PT The Boomer and The Babe Show – Listen- Interview with Coy Cross II Ph. D.
- 2012 December 6, 2:30 pm PT – Where Experience Meets Empowerment – Todd Weaver interviews Coy F. Cross Ph. D
- 2012 November 23, 1:20 pm PT – WHNZ 1250 AM – Health, Wealth and Wisdom Radio – Senior Voice America
- 2012 November 13, 5 – 6:30 PM PT. Everyday Connection Radio Show – Rick O’Shields will Interview Coy F. Cross II
- 2012 November 8, 9 AM PT KYMN 1080 AM – (Radio) www.kariberit.com The Unexpected Caregiver Radio Show – with Coy Cross II Ph.D.
- 2012 November 5, 7:30 AM – Valder Beebe Show Interview with Coy Cross II
- 2012 September 16, 10 AM – Unity of Roseville – Sunday Lesson: The Dhance followed by a book signing and a 3-hour Workshop on Acceptance.
- 2012 September 13, 9 AM PT KYMN 1080 AM – (Radio) www.kariberit.com The Unexpected Caregiver Radio Show
- 2012 September 8th, from 9-11 am – Saturday morningCoy will be signing books at Peet’s Coffee Shop, 8909 Madison Ave.,Fair Oaks. Hope to see you there!
- 2012 August 28 PT Carla McClellan, Spiritual Coaching (Audio)
- 2012 August 17, 2 PM PT – Freedom for All Radio Show (Audio)
- Media Placements
- Book Signings
- 2012 September 8, 2 PM- 4 PM, Private Book Signing, Granite Bay, CA
- Articles and Reviews in the Media
- 2013 Jun 26, 12:00 am – Anita Creamer from the Sacramento Bee Interviews Coy Cross II in print. The title of the article is “Caregiver writes from spiritual perspective about his role aiding ailing wife till the end“. The article was recently modified Thursday, Jun. 27, 2013 – 8:40 am | Page 3B (the Religious section).
- Articles by Coy
- Talks & Workshop Appearances
- Coy’s Three Talks
- Press Releases